Heres some more concrete info and screenshots of the next game, A DATE IN THE PARK.
A Date in the Park is a surreal point and click adventure game, inspired by things like David Lynch and the feeling of oddness in a banal situation.
You are Lou. You've recently moved to Lisbon, in Portugal, to take up a new job and start a new life. Within days of arriving, you meet an enchanting woman, Catarina, at a bar on a night out. After a few hours of connecting, you agree to meet her the next day in her favourite park.
You arrive at the stunning park on a beautiful sunny day, with high hopes. Lou soon realises the atmosphere is a little off... it's not going to be an average date.
- A cast of several characters
- Language confusion - Lou does not speak Portuguese.
- 20+ screens to explore
- A short, narrative experience, with puzzles as well. I think it will take between 30 minutes and an hour to complete. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, depending on the player
- Twists and turns - shocking moments! (there's a horror element to the game)
- 90s style digitised graphics and animated sprites (sprites are animated more traditionally than in Mudlarks)
- 640 x 400 resolution
- Most likely full speech voice acting
- Real world location to explore- Tapadas das Necessidades in Lisbon, Portugal
- 2 click interface, with inventory etc
The game should be finished in the next 2 or 3 months. I haven't had too much time to work on it, but squeeze things in here and there. 90% of my gamedev time is being put into our other game, so I'm working on this as a little side project really. I'll put up some pics of the other characters soon.
- Backgrounds 100%
- Sprites & Animations 40%
- Puzzles 90%
- Scripting 80%
- Music/Sound 90%
- Speech 0%
Thanks for reading! Any feedback welcome.